Thursday, July 27, 2017


The Grown Up Gen X Demons that won't go Away & How we can Do better: 


On Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington's suicide: 

Having angry feelings because a person you care about committed suicide is okay. Even having angry feelings towards them. Publicly saying that the person was "weak" or "crazy" is not. 
I will say as a person that has chronic pain and faced more than my share of fails it is hard when a person that I see with all the privileges I think I could ever want choses to end their life. I *do* get mad:
"If you can't do it on your worst day, how can I?" my ID/teen brain says. But, we don't really know what was happening. It's just proof that mental/spiritual health goes far beyond the surface and our culture has far to go before everyone sees that. 

john pavlovitz has said it all here


No comments:

Post a Comment